Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Big Events!

I had such a busy week last week that I didn't even have time to post two big events. First is that Wesley started fourth grade! He is so excited and loves his new school so far. I asked how he liked his teacher and he told me that his teacher hadn't been there yet. I asked him why and Wes replied, "He had his independence out or something." I laughed out loud and replied, "Do you mean appendix?" It was so funny so I guess his poor teacher still isn't back yet. Wes is a great student and extremely smart. We are so proud of him! Wesley's mom was so nice to take pictures and email them to me because I couldn't be there to take some. He is so handsome, don't ya think!

The other exciting thing is that Kaleb is finally home! He is adjusting quite well. We all went to the airport to pick him and my parents up and it was so fun to see him after so long. Kadence was the first to run up and hug him. We talked to the kids alot about him so they wouldn't forget him too much. Wes even spoke a little Spanish with him. My brothers little girl Reagan was born just after Kaleb left so he was excited to finally meet her. Kaleb told my Mom that he was so ready to come home but when he was actually released my Dad said that he was quite emotional. He had a successful mission with, I believe, sixteen baptisms which one of them my parents got to witness when they went to pick him up. They said that the Dominican Republic was like no other place on earth. They really had a good time meeting they people that Kaleb influenced so much! I believe that he will be greatly missed by the people he got to know! Kaleb gave an awesome talk and he has grown up so much. I can't believe he is the same kid we sent away two years go. Last weekend was so fun, full of family time and lots of catching up.

Everyone that came to welcome Kaleb

Kaleb and his nieces and nephew (and Trever)

Reagan wasn't so sure she liked him yet!

Grandpa's best girls!

Twiddle-dee and Twiddle-dum

If shoes could talk!

These are some pictures from the airport. I love the one of his shoes. I guess in the Dominican it is so hot that the missionaries don't wear there suits so his suit sat in a closet for two years. So when he went to put it on it was still brand new but obviously his shoes were not. I think it is so funny cause it goes to show all the hours of hard work and walking just right there in his shoes. If they could talk! It was so sad when Kaleb held Reagan. She started crying, but my dad (grandpa) could cheer her up better than anyone. Both Kadence and Reagan were excited to see Grandpa and Grandma come off the plane too.

16 comments:

J and Stac said...

OMG! Every time I see your brothers I just die......they are all grown up! It makes me feel so OLD!!! Looks like everyone is doing well, tell them HI for me!

AJ said...

It was fun to be there and see the "deer in the headlight" look Kaleb had. Thanks for letting me be part of the night!

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

hey, i am so glad you found me:-) i was just thinkin about callin you!! now i can see your cute face all the time! whats new

Chelsea said...

I love this post! That is so funny how Wes said that. Dontcha just love "isms"! I am glad Caleb is home - that will be so fun for Kadence.

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

oh and i just caught the part you are coming in october!! yahoo

A New Life Student said...

I can't believe you have a 4th grader! He really is so handsome! Gosh, seeing your little brothers makes me feel old. I just remember them running around your house and they were just so little!
I will also be there Friday for Stac's shower so hope this counts for my rsvp! See you there!

Nicole said...

What a cute family!! It is still crazy for me to see Justin as a dad!! Your little Kadence is so beautiful!! Looks like you guys are doing really good!

Kristen said...

Wow, Wesley is so tall! I can't believe he is in fourth grade. Good to see you yesterday. It's always fun to visit with you, even when you pull my eyebrows out.

The Nostrom's said...

Hey! I saw you found my blog! I definately need to update it. Maybe one day soon. I'm glad you started one. Kadence is so stinkin' cute!

Old Main Photography said...

Hey Jessie! I love the new blog look- so cute! That's great that your brother just came home. His shoes are awesome- great picture! You must be so happy to have him home. Drew's younger brother Caleb is leaving for his mission in October- it will be hard (but neat) to see him go. Have a good day!

Haley said...

This makes me sooo excited for Nathan to come home. How awesome that your parents got to go pick him up. So glad that we have blogs and can keep in touch now!!

Anonymous said...

This post is so cute. Wes was such a good helper for us the other day at my moms. Thanks for letting us borrow him. I love the pic of Kalebs shoes.

Calvin said...

Wes looks older than some of my high schoolers, crazy

Kandas said...

Wow those are big events! I can't believe how fast time goes. How fun to see Kaleb and look how cute your little 4th grader is! How fun!!

terry6 said...

Wow - you're life has really been filled with excitement! Wesley is really growing up and I think Kaleb came home more handsome than he left - watch out, girls!!

Stephanie said...

I wish we could have been there! He looks great. I'll bet it has been so fun for your family to see him again. Hopefully we'll get to see him again soon too!