Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring!

So as you all already know it rained, YEAH!!! Well it actually hailed at my house and the kids thought it was so cool! They had to get the umbrella and go out in it. I made them promise me that they would take turns and you all know how that went. Kadence was just mad period when Wes had it and Wes was mad because he was too tall to be under it when Kadence had it. I kind of sat back and laughed at them as they tried to figure it out. Little Kadence was trying so hard to hold it up high enough that Wes could be under it. It was pretty entertaining. After the rain stopped I had to pick some tomatoes for dinner and the kids love to help with the gardening(except to pull weeds) so they came out and picked the tomatoes they could find in that jungle! I planted two roma tomatoes and one cherry tomato and those have taken over the whole garden box. I guess it was a good thing the cucumbers died early because they would have surely not survived when the tomatoes got bigger! They are so dense you can hardly get down in them to get the tomatoes! I didn't think they would do much because it was the first year I had done them in the garden box so we will see how many I get after all is said and done. Gardening is so rewarding and my kids love to help me do it!


Kadence trying to hold the umbrella high enough!


I love it when my kids play together! (Even if they argue a little)



That is Wesley's surprised face, cause the plants are so huge!


Kadence actually loves tomatoes! She eats them like apples!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the picture where Kadence is trying to hold the umbrella for Wesley!! It is Cute!

Tiffany said...

I LOVE playing in the rain, there are few things better!

I too am learning this whole gardening thing. I have enough squash to live on for the next year!

Auger Family said...

she is so cute~ I loved how hard it rained in Salem...it was so fun to have that kind of rain! :)

Anonymous said...

Kadence and Wes are so funny. I think its great that they played in the rain. Reagan doesn't know what to think of it yet.

B and J said...

I tried so hard to get Brad to go out and play in the rain with me, but he wouldn't.
My little garden is dead, I tried so hard, growing tomatos & pumpkins in pots is harder than I thought.

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

kadence is so big, and wes isn't even the same kid. i can't believe i have been here almost 4 years! i miss you, and i wanna eat those tomatoes.

Amber Maye said...

we all went out and played in the rain too! I love it when it rains this time of year! thats funny that kadence loves tamatos, Nash dry heaves every time he eats one. hey, thanks for the advice on Nash, i need all that I can get.

terry6 said...

OK - so Grandma needs to get the kids their OWN umbrellas for Christmas!

The Nostrom's said...

That is so cute of Kadence trying to get it high enough. At least she was trying! I'm going to get me a good garden next year, I've had enough of my weed garden!