Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sightseeing!

This last weekend we went to Logan for a Reid Family Reunion. We went to Hyrum Dam, which looks like a puddle that you could skip a rock across but is actually about 30 feet deep. You can also boat there so we had the tubes out ready to go! It was fun and I wish I had a picture but Wes got to do his favorite thing in the whole world, KNEE BOARD! He was so excited and could have stayed out all night if we would have allowed him to. That nigh we went to Grandma Reids (my mom's mom) and had pizza and discussed politics. (we really did) Our little family stayed at the Crystal Inn there in Logan and I couldn't believe that is was so nice. It was probably the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in. Such a pleasant surprise and they even had Bath and Body Works soap and shampoo instead of the gross hotel stuff. Not that I needed it but I had to bring it home. These are so pics of the day at Hyrum Dam.


Justin can never relax, so this is rare!


The look like they are getting along, but I think they were arguing. No Surprise


I am always the one taking the pics, so here is a picture of me.
Sunday on the way home we decided to take the kids to the State Capitol building and temple square. Justin hadn't even been to the capitol building before. It was really neat and Wesley was in what he called "HEELEY HEAVEN" They have lots of smooth marble floors and he could wheel for days on it! He is such a riot! Kadence kept saying "This has got to be Cinderella's Castle" Of course to her everything is a fairy tale in some way. I was surprised how much they liked to be there! Although my camera batteries died I got one picture, after trying over and over, this is all I got.

We then went to Temple square and then we rode trax to get lunch. I really wish we had trax down here I think I would use it a ton. So convenient!
Inside the Tabernacle a man playing the huge organ and we sat a listened for awhile. The kids loved it. Kadence said, "Dad it's like pirates!" She loves Pirates of the Caribbean. I am glad Justin had the idea to do these things. And yes it was surprising to hear Justin say, "Let's go to temple square too."
Justin and the kids in the tabernacle


Me and the kids in front of the Temple


Silly Wes! He doesn't know I took this picture

Kadence won't smile these days, at least all the way

11 comments:

B and J said...

It was fun to see you guys last weekend, we don't get to do nearly enough!
Tell that Astle Fam I want to see their blog. My e-mail is jamie.downs@yahoo.com

The Dahle's said...

hey jessie! i am so glad that you found my blog so that i could see yours! your little family is adorable! your little girl looks exactly like u and is like a little cute mini jessie! it is so good to hear from you!

Amber Maye said...

Hi Jessie! it looks like you had some fun! I've told you before i'm sure, but your kadence is so pretty!! and she does look like her mom. hey, i tagged you, it was a fun easy one if you want to do it.

Jace and Ash said...

You have the cutest little fam...Looks like you guys had a smashing good time. I love the selfportrait. I can't believe that it's the weekend already. Yahoo!!! I hope that you have a great weekend..

Tiffany said...

I LOVE self-portraits! Just ask the fam :) Looks like a great weekend with the family in Logan. All 6 years we lived up there we never went to Hyrum Dam. I guess we'll just have another reason to head up that way!

Chelsea said...

You've been tagged by me. Check out my blog!

Stephanie said...

I love Temple Square. The flowers are so beautiful. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Hope things are going well!

Jared and Shalynn said...

Hey! I'm glad you found our blog! I swear this is the only way I keep in touch with people :) I wish Cambree wasn't being such a bum when we saw you at the fair so we didn't have to rush off! Little girls are so dramatic!

Calvin said...

Great great posts!

Oh, you are "tagged" on my blog.

AJ said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! I don't think I've been to the state capitol either, but I have an appointment then in October, so I will be in "Heely Heaven" too. :)

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

hey! this all looks so fun! kadence is so big. i haven't seen her in over a year. wow. hope you are still coming down next month!