Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fun Thanksgiving Tradition!

I just though I would share a fun tradition that my Mother in Law started several years ago! Every year on the night before Thanksgiving we all get together and have what we call Pie Night! Yep and that is exactly all it is! We all bring our favorite pies to share and Joyce supplies the ice cream, cool whip and drinks! I love it because, first of all, it extends the Thanksgiving holiday (which I think gets overlooked anyway) and second, I never am hungry for pie after I stuff myself with turkey and all the fixins! This way we can thoroughly enjoy all the yummy pies! Each year it seems to get bigger and bigger so it must be a great idea! I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving this year and I am so thankful for all of you!

6 comments:

J and Stac said...

Sounds like fun and a good Idea! I was thinkin that we should go for a girls weekend after the holidays. Maybe St. George or something so think of a weekend that would be good and we will plan one for sure! Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Savannah said...

We Did that tonight! It was so Fun.

Jace and Ash said...

How fun is that, what a great idea. I am always to full for pie after eating to much turkey. Hope that you have a Happy Thanksgiving. We need to get together. Take care and chat with you later.

B and J said...

Mmmm...that sounds like a great tradition! Lucky for me I am not a huge fan of Thanksgiving dinner so I save room the good stuff! Happy Thanksgiving, I'm excited to see you guys in a few weeks!

Amber Maye said...

How fun! I would love to start that family tradition!! I hope everythings going good for you! I really would still love to go to dinner with ya sometime.. maybe after the hollidays die down, its always so busy right now.. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I heard Kadence sunk to the bottom of the Ocean. Thats kinda scary.